nuiMOs Sorcerer Mickey Outfit (And Shoes)

It's time for a new pattern! This is one that I've been wanting to make for some time now and I finally got around to making it. I thought it would adorable to see Mickey in his Sorcerer's Apprentice outfit and, boy, was I right! The fabric I had turned out to be little tricky but in the end it worked out.

 Please remember that I'm sharing these patterns in good faith. Don't use these patterns for selling purposes. These are for personal use only.

Adobe did something weird when enabling editing on the photo, lol.

Shoe here are the patterns to make his outfit. I made a shoe pattern because he has brown shoes and I didn't purchase any of that color. As it says, there are two patterns on there and I used the bottom set. And then for the sorcerer robe you will have to print out the jacket pattern available with the first set of patterns. You'll need to have a front, the two backs, and two sleeves. And now onto the tutorial!

 
The first step is to, of course, cut out all the necessary pieces. Then you'll have to sew on the moon and stars in this pattern. I did it by hand but maybe possible with a machine.

 
Fold the strip in half and sew it along the curved bottom of the hat.

Now sew the last edge together.

Attach the elastic on the seem created when you attached the strip to the hat.

Now turn the hat right-side out and you're done! You've made your own cute Sorcerer hat. =)

***

Now onto the shoes! These are simple enough, it's the curves that can make it a bit tricky.


Hem the sides and then the top of the shoes.

Add the velcro/snaps onto the sides of the shoe.


Pin the bottom edge of the shoe body to the bottom of the shoe. Make sure to overlap where the velcro/snaps are on the edge. (Just like how the official nuiMOs shoes are done.) The second photo is how it'll look when you've sewn it all.

Now turn the shoes right-side out and you're done! You have a cute pair of shoes. If the hole on the top is too big for your taste then you can hand-sew a little dart to give it more shape.

***

And now the final piece of the outfit: the robe! You'll have to follow the shirt tutorial to this point. The sleeves have been attached and the side seams are sewn.


 Fold the collar piece in half and attach it to the top of your complete pieces. It will look like the above photo when sewn on.

Sew the hems on the sides.

Attach the velcro on the shirt. Make sure to leave space on the bottom to attach the bottom part of the robe.

I don't have as many photos on these steps because I messed up a bit and I didn't have more fabric. Hem the bottom of the panel and then the sides. Now you'll attach the panel to the bottom of the shirt portion. It's a bit tricky since you'll have to sew the hemmed edges of the panel on the front of your shirt portion. DO NOT line up your hemmed edges if you want it to look like Mickey in Sorcerer's Apprentice. You'll have to overlap the velcro parts like you did with the shoes.


Flip it all right-side out and make a little rope to go around the robe. I used some brown yarn and hand-sewed it down with a couple stitches on the front and back.

And there is your completed Sorcerer Mickey outfit! Oh, wait. You'll have to make a tiny pair or blue shorts to go underneath the robe as well. Follow the pants tutorial to make them. All I did was use the pant pattern and cut it a bit shorter.  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I know there are many components to make the whole thing, so just take your time. Remember to share what you've created here on the blog or on Instagram @disneynuimosdiy. Have fun crafting!

Comments

  1. It is amazing, thank you so much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I messed up! What size should this be printing out? My first attempt was tiny, the second was enormous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Clothes Pattern (Part 1)

New Dress Patterns And Tutorial