Crochet Mickey Blanket

 Long time no write. And you'll see why. There are so many things to catch up on that my brain was like: I don't want to! It's a struggle, hahaha.

To start off I wanted to write about an experience I had making a crochet Mickey blanket for all of my beds in my nuiMOs house. It was kind of frustrating because I used this pattern. The author of this pattern says that the stitch they used to make the Mickey shape is a puff stitch. I can tell you right now that this is incorrect. I started my first square by using a puff stitch and I thought that the Mickey shape wasn't protruding out enough. This is when I discovered it needed to be a bobble stitch. So please, for you sanity, do a bobble stitch.

I have provided the picture above to show you the difference between the stitches. I thought I wanted to used the purple yarn for my blankets but I didn't like how jarring the change was between the colors. So I switched to a mustard yellow and it worked out so much better. The purple square is made with the puff stitch whereas the yellow square is made with the bobble stitch. It's so much better. I also went around the whole square with one round of single crochet making sure to add two stitches in the corners.

I hope that anyone who wishes to crochet a Mickey blanket for their nuiMOs is now going to have a better time than me. So, use a bobble stitch and have fun crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Clothes Pattern (Part 1)

New Dress Patterns And Tutorial

nuiMOs Sorcerer Mickey Outfit (And Shoes)